As always, our family here at Hempstead Farms stays committed to our promise of bringing you the highest-quality CBD products, along with the proper resources to allow our customers the opportunity to make educated purchases. Be sure to follow along with our monthly blogs — to acquire all the necessary hemp/CBD information you’ll need — in order to identify which of our amazing products would best suit all of your CBD needs!
In one of our previous blogs, we discussed full-spectrum CBD, a topic that has had even seasoned CBD users a little confused. Full-spectrum CBD contains all of the available components of whole hemp plants, including cannabidiol (CBD), essential oils, terpenes, as well as other beneficial cannabinoids.
Today, let’s discuss the contrasting form of CBD, called CBD isolate.
What is CBD Isolate?
To be safely assumed by its name, CBD isolate is simply just that — isolated CBD, containing no other compounds or components. This pure CBD is produced by the removal of all other naturally occurring compounds of the hemp plant (i.e. terpenes, other cannabinoids, flavonoids). Differing from broad and full-spectrum CBD, isolated CBD does not contain THC.
The process of removing all other compounds, leaves manufacturers with pure CBD in a solid, crystalline form. Generally, that pure crystal CBD will be ground down to form a powder, making it more easily consumed. The powder can also then be mixed with various liquids, made into edibles and gummies, or mixed with oil to create a CBD oil.
Pros & Cons of CBD Isolate
Trying to decide if CBD isolate would work for you? Let’s take a look at a few possible pros and cons regarding pure CBD.
- Pure, natural CBD. You’ll have a good idea of what to expect when using CBD isolate.
- No risk of showing up on a drug test. if you’re interested in CBD, but are subject to drug tests for personal or professional purposes — CBD isolate is a safe bet, unlike full spectrum CBD which usually contains up to 0.3% THC.
- Wide range of hemp-derived product variety
- Low risk of possible adverse effects – compared to CBD products containing other cannabinoids, like THC.
- Won’t experience the Entourage Effect – which may have a higher possible effectiveness in relieving discomfort.
- May not be fully effective in treating certain conditions – check with your doctor or healthcare professional before deciding if CBD isolate could be a good option for you.
Hempstead Farm’s CBD Isolate Spray
If you think CBD isolate may be right for you, check out our 1500 mg isolate CBD (THC-free) mint spray! We aimed to give our loyal and valued customers an easy, on-the-go alternative to CBD oil, thus the careful cultivation of our travel-friendly, CBD isolate spray. We added organic mint to add some freshness to your every use!
At Hempstead Farms, we value the incredible potential of the hemp plant and everything associated with CBD and CBD products.
*The statements made regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA-approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All information presented here is not meant as a substitute for or alternative to information from health care practitioners. Please consult your health care professional about potential interactions or other possible complications before using any product. The Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act requires this notice.